The Attorneys of Tepper & Takvoryan represent companies of all sizes in formation of business entities, corporate governance and compliance. Representative industries include industrial manufacturers, real estate investment groups, importers, Internet retailers, professional practices, consumer products manufacturers and distributors, restaurateurs, hospitality related businesses, software developers, technology licensing organizations, venture investors, financial institutions and medical device manufacturers, among others.
OUR COUNSEL AND REPRESENTATION INCLUDES:
- Acquisitions, Mergers and Divestitures
- Business Restructuring
- Changes in Ownership
- Confidentiality agreements
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts with suppliers, distributors and customers
- Employer-Employee Relationships
- Entity Formation
- Franchising and licensing agreements
- Fund formation and investment advisor issues
- Funding of New Ventures
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Leveraged buyouts
- Negotiation and Documentation of Deals
- Prevention and Resolution of Disputes
- Private Placement of Securities
- Protection and Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights
- Purchase and sale of assets
- Purchase and sale of business entities
- Risk Assessment
- Transaction Due Diligence
- Negotiate joint ventures for new business activities and special projects and prepare joint venture agreements and related documentation.
- License well-known international personal care brands for the development, manufacture and distribution of new products to complement the manufacturer’s existing product line.
- Serve as long-term outside counsel to a hospitality company with multinational operations, advising on acquisition and renovation of properties, real estate and business financing, high-end retail leasing, licensing, employer-employee relations, guest relations, eminent domain, ADA compliance, and protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- Negotiate funding of start-up and expanding business ventures, representing both investors and companies securing investment funds.
- Represent employers in employment law, including wrongful termination, discrimination, labor-management relations, wage and hour compliance, discipline and termination procedures, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FEHA, ADA, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, FMLA, FLSA and California Labor Code.
- Represent manufacturer of precision tools used in the aerospace industry, including contracts, licensing, infringement issues and employee theft of intellectual property.
Represent multinational Japanese corporation in its U.S. based activities.